Quality and Excellence in Islamic Education for Your Children
*Weekend School Year 2022-23 with In-person Classes*
Total Tuition: $400/child covers for the full school year, from September 2022 to May 2023, or pay monthly $50/child so that ICMC School expenses are covered for providing quality Islamic education to your children.
Dear Parents and Staff: Asalaamu-alaikum,
We pray that you and your family are keeping well and safe. InshaAllah, the following is the ICMC Islamic Weekend School opening and operations plan for the 2022-2023 School year:
- ICMC Weekend School's Islamic curriculum provides teaching of Quran Hifz, Quran Reading, Salat and Islamic Studies, which will be conducted through In-Person Classes.
- CDC guidelines will be followed for the COVID safety of students, staff, and families.
- Teachers will continue to use Google suite for classroom management, review material, homework assignments, parent communications, etc.
- Weekend School teaching schedule is planned from September 2022 to May 2023, with Graduation in June 2023.
- In-Person Classes on Sundays will start sharply at 10:30am to 1:00pm, covering three Classroom periods of 45 minutes per subject, a short snack/lunch break, and School Dhur Prayers at 1:00pm.
- Three core subjects that students are expected to learn and participate weekly in Quran Hifz, Quran Reading, Salat and Islamic Studies, including student sports, projects & activities.
- Critical Requirement: Parent commitment and support of their students for regular and timely class attendance, attentiveness & participation, good behavior & respect, and with homework, reviews, and assignments. Note: Parental support is critical and vital for effective learning and the benefits to students.
School Tuition & Registration:
- Weekend School Tuition per student is $400 for the full school year 2022-23 and prefer it to be paid online and in full, or pay monthly $50 per child, to complete the student registration and attend classes. The tuition helps cover the ICMC School expenses to run a quality Islamic education program for your children.
- Note: you will need to complete the Payment processing after you Add new, and/or Activate returning children in the school's online registration and information system.
- Student accounts & email information, books purchase and distribution plan will be communicated by the School Admin after Parents complete their Student registration.
- Invitation emails will be sent by Teachers / Admin to Parents for students to check-in/log into their Google Classroom accounts and make sure it works properly.
Books & Classes
- Saturday and Sunday Sept 10th. and 11th, 2022 are designated as the In-Person Meeting with Parents and Students at the ICMC Islamic Center, 1 Mannino Dr., Rockaway, NJ, and includes Evaluation & Grade-level Assignments for new students and returning students, Books Purchase and Distribution, and any walk-in Student Registrations.
- On Sunday, Sept 18th 2022, the in-person classes will begin by Teachers for the registered students.
* Curriculum covers the following Islamic Learning core subjects for students, as appropriate by Grade levels:
>> Surahs: Meaning, Memorization and Vocabulary (Juzz Amma),, including Quran Tafseer in higher grades
>> Quran: Reading Qaida/ Quran, including Reciting Quran, Tajweed, and Meaning for middle level and higher grades
>> Salat and Islamic Studies: Lessons & Assignments by Grade Level
* Special Weekend School Learning & Activities Program for Youth (High School Students):
- Quran Reading with Tajweed, Tafseer, and Discussion with Teachers and Islamic Scholars
- Youth group planned and led giveback activities for the school and the community, and team-building fun activities.
* Special Weekend School Offering to Youth for joining the Teaching Staff as Teacher Assistants/Co-Teachers.
- Youth T/As or Co-teaching staff could choose to be volunteers or receive a monthly teaching assistant stipend.
- If interested and can meet the below-listed requirements, then the Youth are requested to please apply by email, with full name, cell phone number, and response to the following requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Student is currently enrolled or completed as High School Junior, Senior, or a College Student.
>> Will have good Islamic knowledge and practice.
>> Willing to be responsible and provide the commitment to work at least 2 hours per weekend in assigned class periods to assist Teachers and Students.
>>Willing to participate in Teacher Training sessions during the School year.
>> Willing to learn and assist with Google Classroom utilization and other teaching resources as needed.
Goals & Objectives:
Our main goal is to give your children the Islamic knowledge, skills, and practice in a fun and meaningful way, while also providing a Muslim environment of friendship and practice. We want the children to be knowledgeable, believing, and good practicing Muslims.
- We want them to believe in Allah in their hearts and recognize that He is their Lord.
- We want the children to be aware of their duty to Allah and to be motivated to do ‘Ibadah.
- We want the children to have knowledge of the teaching and practices of Islam.
- We want the children to have the curiosity to know why Islam is the best way of life.
- We want the children to develop Muslim friends, excellent character, manners, and respect for everyone.
- We want the children to be able to deal in excellent Muslim manners with non-Muslims and with compassion & kindness for the Needy
- We want children to be proud of their Islamic beliefs, teachings, and heritage, and explain them to non-Muslims in a coherent and compelling way
The Islamic Weekend School is focused on providing basic Islamic education and Islamic values to our children. We have a set program and a well-defined curriculum. Our dedicated and talented staff of volunteer teachers follows the curriculum, as best as possible. The curriculum is focused on three main areas:
- Quran Hifz – Basic Surahs Hifz, Meaning, & Tafseer
- Quranic Arabic – Reading, Tajweed, Vocabulary, Comprehension
- Salat, Islamic Studies & Projects - Learning & applying Islamic practices and values based on Quran & Hadith
Student Grade Levels are divided based on knowledge and age. The teaching of Islamic knowledge and subject matter will vary according to grade levels. They should expect to make Muslim friends, and that they will learn new Islamic knowledge and skills as they advance through the grade levels.
- The school will give new students a Quran & Arabic Evaluation for the Level assignment prior to finalizing the grade level placement. Evaluation is to determine how much the student knows of Quranic Arabic. Then, they will be placed in the appropriate grade level according to their age and knowledge.
- Orientation classes will be offered to new students who need improvement in the first year. Following year they will be evaluated again and maybe able to join the regular grade level.
* For further information, arrangement, and/or support, please contact the ICMC Weekend School Admin via Mail to email@example.com, or call ICMC Admin at 973-664-1111
May Allah bless you and your family. We look forward to welcoming and serving you and your children inshaAllah at the ICMC Islamic Weekend School.